From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set bindings of range of axes

Hello,I want to set the Maximum of Y-axis by using a viewmodel's property. I found a link at

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/wpfwritablegraphaxescursors/

which used xaml language to set range, but that's not exactly I wanted. Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,372 Views)

You can bind the Range property like any other dependency property; you just need to expose both the minimum and maximum through a Range<TData> object on your model.

// Model
    public Range<double> ModelRange { get { ... } }

// Y-Axis Binding
    <AxisDouble Orientation="Vertical" Range="{Binding ModelRange}" ...

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,366 Views)

The AxisDouble doesn't contain a Source property nor a DataContext property. How can I set  the binding? I set the datacontext in NiGraph control and  tried to use "Range="{Binding ModelRange}"", but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,361 Views)

I see what you mean now; appologies for not trying out a full example in the first place. It looks like the graph is not maintaining the logical tree for child components, which is preventing binding using the inherited data context. I have created a task to fix this.

The simplest workaround available is to expose your model as a resource. This will allow you to use Range="{Binding ModelRange, Source={StaticResource ModelResourceKey}}" to explicitly define the source of the binding.

Here is a full XAML example demonstrating this approach to binding Range on an axis (and how to initialize DataContext for other elements):

<Grid>
        <Grid.Resources>
            <my:Model x:Key="model" />
        </Grid.Resources>

<ni:Graph DataContext="{StaticResource model}">
            <ni:Graph.Axes>
                <ni:AxisDouble Range="{Binding ModelRange, Source={StaticResource model}}" />
            </ni:Graph.Axes>
        </ni:Graph>
    </Grid>

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,357 Views)

Yes, that's a good solution.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,310 Views)

Just wanted to let you know this issue was fixed in the Measurement Studio 2015 release.

~ Paul H
Message 6 of 7
(4,634 Views)

I have the Range of my AxisDouble binding with my model ok but the RangeCurser.VerticalRange does not.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,737 Views)