From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Plot Two Graphs using Data sockets(VI to VB.net)

Hi everyone

I'm new to LabVIEW and have made an application which gathers radiation pattern. This displays Magnitude-Angle and Phase-Angle plots on the VI. Now I want to remotely control this application. To view the graphs I have read that I have to create an array (1D/2D) to pass the data to the data sockets.  There is couple of questions;

1. Can I use individual data sockets for each graph and in real time? I have read that if you pass the data in real time and use AutoUpdate there will be no results displayed. Is this still true for VB.net?

2. I was thinking about saving my data in Microsoft Access. The problem is if I do I will be saving it on my Lab server. How would I be able to retrieve that data by my web server where an application like an asp.net would want to view the data? Can I access the MS Access remotely? HOW?

3. Can I retrieve the raw data on client side with the data sockets while it is been plotted for the user. I.e. make an instance variable that makes one copy to plot the graph and other is used to show the data so the client has the choose of saving and disregarding data here rather than save automatically.

4. I have to pass certain control settings for the VI to work because is constructed through a state machine and event structures with a tab control. Can I pass the user inputs by data sockets or is it best to use CGI? HOW?

5. How do I call a vi from VB.net/asp.net to run?

Please with your advice give me references to go and look for solutions that you have provided fro better understanding.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,052 Views)