Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent Measurement Studio project templates from being selected by default?

Hi,

I am using Measurement Studio 8.0.1 and Visual Studio 2005. Every time I go to add a new item (class, form, etc.) to a project, the Measurement Studio templates are selected by default. It is quite rare that I really want to add a Measurement Studio based object to my projects, and I am finding the behavior of selecting Measurement Studio 8.0.1 projects by default when I do not want to use them rather annoying.

So, is there a way that I can change this behavior back to selecting Visual Studio templates first and then selecting Measurement Studio templates only if I really want to?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,757 Views)
Hey Matthew,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  This is unexpected behavior and I am filing it as a bug.  This means that R&D will look at it for possible implementation in a future version (though not necessarily the next one). 

In the meantime, I have investigated a workaround for you to help you with your irritation.  Visual Studio organizes these menus by directory structure in the install directory.  We can actually get rid of the subcategory of Measurement Studio, yet still have the three options available to us in the main language category.  To implement this, follow these steps:
1) Close Visual Studio 2005.
2) Browse to %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp.
3) Copy the contents of the Measurement Studio folder here into the 1033 folder (copy the three zip files into the 1033 folder).
4) Delete the Measurement Studio folder.
5) Repeat steps 2 through 4 for Visual Basic (using "VisualBasic" rather than "CSharp" in step 2).
6) Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> and type in "cmd" and click "OK").
7) Browse to %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\.
😎 Type in "devenv /setup" and wait a minute until it resets the development environment.
9) Open Visual Studio to ensure that the change has been applied.

Note that the item types that were previously in a subcategory of Measurement Studio now show up under the generic language category.

Hope this helps, and again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,735 Views)
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. What you suggested works well enough for the time being.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,723 Views)
Wow, one year later and three minor version changes and the problem still exists.  I just had to do it again while upgrading to 8.1.1
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,499 Views)

I'm complaining also about this.

The bug is still there. Very annoying indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,442 Views)
Hi OuaisBla,

We are aware of the issue and its on our list of issues to address in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,438 Views)