From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a single plot with one y axis/caption on left and a different yaxis/caption on right?

MS 8.0.1, VS 2005, WXP latest.

Current app acquires one channel of data and shows it on a plot. Want to extend app to acquire two channels of data. I know how to do that using DAQ assistant and modifying DAQTask.user.vb. However, couldn't figure out how to make the display show two separate plots with different Y axis scales. To save screen real estate I would like to have a left y scale (default) for one channel and a right y scale for the other. Channels have different units and magnitudes so plotting both with the same axis isn't very useful.

How do I do this at design time? I think that I can look into the form designer generated code to figure out how to do the rest.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,722 Views)
No longer an issue. Used designer to create/add 2nd y axis located to the right, then created/added 2nd plot and had it use the 2nd y axis.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,715 Views)