Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Uninstall Measurement Studio?

How do I uninstall Measurement Studio?

I downloaded a trial of it, evaluated it, but I don't like it.

Now, how do I get it off of my computer without damaging my Visual Studio installation?

\
Angus Cattle from Pool Ranch and Steel Repairs via Joe's Welding.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,332 Views)
HI jp2labview,

I am very curious to hear your feedback on what you didn't like about Measurement Studio. Can you perhaps provide me specific dislikes so we can try and improve on the product in the future?

To remove the installation, simply open Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software and then choose NI Measurement Studio xxxx.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,329 Views)

I liked it, but the company decided to go with LabVIEW 8.5 instead.

Personally, I like it better than LV, but my single opinion does not carry very much weight around here.

I think MS would give us a *much* better interface for our clients! Alas, the powers that be around here are going to use straight LV to produce our interface to the outside world. That's probably because the salesmen for LV have told everyone around here that LV can create any interface that we would need. I don't think it is going to happen, though.

Thanks for the Uninstall info!

\
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,326 Views)

Hi jp2labview,

I had to laugh when reading your posts.. You remind me of me several years ago.. I used to be a hardcore C programmer..  😄

You'd actually be impressed with what you can achieve with Labview as far as operation interfaces go.  I wish I could find a demo done by NI where the UI looked like a radio.  You can create custom controls that look like any type of image.  There's a demo of that somewhere in the Breakpoint forum (I think it was one of the Nuggets).

If you have questions on how to do that, I suggest you continue in the thread you started in the LV forum.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,317 Views)

Thanks Joe.

I'm still monitoring my "Creating Custom Animations" in the LabVIEW forum.

I'll ask about this radio example (example, or a "Nugget"?).

I'd like to upload a concept drawing somewhere, and ask, "Is this possible? What's the best approach?" But, I'm not sure if management would like that, and I don't really know where the best place to post that question would be.

\
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,299 Views)

The radio was something NI presented during an RF summit.  Looked nice.

I will be doing a similar project later this fall.  It would be nice to compare notes! 

You can continue to post in your LV thread, or actually, just start a new thread in the LV forum..

Hope you have fun with this project..

🙂

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 10-01-2007 08:32 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,290 Views)