Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting plots to paper/reports/image file

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been away for a year and I need to make a report from data collected in Measurement Studio.  I believe I can easily work with image files like JPG and possibly others.  

In Labview in the past I used:

Plot.Waveform.VI
Picture to Pixmap VI
Write JPEG File VI

to create an image that I could insert into a document file.

I am collecting the data into an array of AnalogWaveform<double> and saving it into a TDMS file if that makes a difference.

Also, second question, I cannot seem to find complete object reference documentation for Measurement Studio.  If I have an object like NationalInstruments.Controls.Graph, where do I go to get a complete Reference Documentation of all of the properties I can access and methods I can call, and what objects are available in the same namespace or assembly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,970 Views)

Can you clarify what your first question is? Are you looking for information on graphing in Measurement Studio? Or storing data in TDMS files?

For your second question, the Measurement Studio help documents are pretty good, like the following page on Windows Forms Graph .NET controls.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/usingninetgraphwinforms/

Maggie M.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,919 Views)

Thank you for your interest Maggie,

I have a graph (WPF) on the screen and Daq-MX functions collecting the data properly.  I am trying to get the graphs into an image file like a JPG to use the report system I already use in that environment so I can get that graph inserted into a word like doccument (ODT) file.  Otherwise I would like to be pointed to any strategy within measurement studio to get graphs to a paper report

Since my post I found in the help the following:

Measurement Studio Function Reference

Measurement Studio provides the following .NET libraries:

In This Section
  Analysis
  NationalInstruments
  NetworkVariable
  NI4882
  DAQmx
  VisaNS
  Tdms
  WindowsForms
  WebForms

It gives me the type of information I am looking for:  Full class reference.  I am just unsure weather the Graph object I found under WindowsForms is the same as the one for the WPF controls, or the VS2010 help file was incomplete.

If you have any links to give me the same info online and Updated for complete class references of measurement studio classes,  or Alternate strategies for reports that include graphs, I would be interested.

I hope that clarified my question.

Rich.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richwunder

Regarding saving a WPF graph to an image, I would suggest looking at the answers to wpf graph export to image.

Regarding the help, the installation should include all Measurement Studio help, including both WPF and Windows Forms controls. If you search for TemplateValuePresenter (a type that is unique to WPF), does that produce results in your local help?

~ Paul H
Message 4 of 5
(2,891 Views)

Thank you.  I have not tried it yet, but it definitely answered my question.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,873 Views)