Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a Digital WaveForm using PCI-6025E

Hi,

I am using Measurement Studio w/ Vs2005 .NET and I am attempting to generate a waveform on any one of the channels on one of the 4 digital ports.  I tried to use the example ContWriteDigChan_Burst.2005.sln, but I keep on getting an error -200077.  I tried creating a task in max, but I still get the same error.  Not sure what to do.  I can generate Analog wave forms and the Digital I/O works fine.  Just cannot create a waveform with the digital I/O.  I was told you can use the 6025E to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Argneka
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,652 Views)

Hi Argneka

I see that you opened a service request with one of our applications engineers. For others reading this thread the ContWriteDigChan_Burst example uses I/O Burst Mode, but this mode is not supported on the PCI-6025E card. That mode is only available on the DIO-32HS/653x, you can verify that here. You can also verify the I/O modes supported by your card in the card's user manual. I hope this is helpful,

Ana P
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,642 Views)

Hi,

Is there a way to pulse the output of the 6023E or 6025E?  I see that Measurment Studio has a .NET function for Waveform.  Can I generate a waveform to the particular DIO channel.  I can easily turn on and off the channel but I need to pulse the output or send a waveform that is PWM.  If the 6023E / 6025E cannot do this then what card can.

Thanks,

Argula

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,628 Views)

Hi Argneka,

You can do PWM with the 6023E or 6025E. The GenDigPulseTrain_Continuous example can be helpful in getting started with this application. The PulseDutyCycle and PulseFrequency properties will allow you to change the parameters of your pulse, so you can implement pulse width modulation. You must take into account that the pulse you specify must complete a cycle before you can change the parameters of the pulse again. Since the examples’ location depends on your system; this knowledge base can be helpful in finding the examples in your computer.
Ana P
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,601 Views)