Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Support or Alternatives

Does anyone know if or when NI is going to support Visual Studio 2015 since Visual Studio 2017 is almost out? 

Or if NI is unwilling to share that info, does anyone know of any good alternatives to Measurement Studio?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,378 Views)

Which controls are you using in Measurment Studio?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,346 Views)

Primarily the graph control and waveform related tools. Sometimes we may use other controls.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,341 Views)

Hey Skeptical,

Unfortunately, that information is proprietary and has not been publically released. In the meantime, you can add the controls manually to get the functionality in Visual Studio 2015 even though Measurement Studio does not directly integrate into VS2015.

Check out this page for more information: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8C93FFDC5014C57586257EC30054830A

Regards,

Will

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,339 Views)

That's really not a useful solution when we are planning our roadmap going forward. It seems like a hack to me. If NI isn't going to support Measurement Studio for the current and future versions of Visual Studio, they need to say so. Perhaps they are just trying to push people in some distorted way toward LabVIEW.

Message 5 of 6
(3,336 Views)

I agree, some information from NI would be good regarding this.  I have been a Measurement Studio subscriber for 13+ years.  It seems that in the past few years, development on Measurement Studio .NET has been nonexistent.  As our applications advance and demand more features, MS .NET is falling behind.  Full VS 2015 and/or 2017 integration, and VS deployment and ClickOnce support is critical.  There are many bugs in the C# WPF graphing controls that need to be fixed, and more graphing functionality that should be added.  I know the support timeline for MS 2015 goes out to 2019, but that is too far to wait for more updates.  What are the future plans for Measurement Studio .NET?

Message 6 of 6
(3,319 Views)