Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Text not Visible

When I am using the examples for DAQmx in Visual Studio .Net 2003 (Specifically in VB), when I run the examples, none of the text on the forms is visible.  This is not true when I make my own forms.  Any ideas on what property I am missing to make the text visible.  Just to be more clear, the text on the forms includes the buttons, dropdown boxes, etc too.

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,885 Views)
I'm not sure I understand the problem. What version of DAQmx do you have installed? Could you include a snapshot of what the example looks like when it runs?

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,864 Views)
I was originally using DAQmx v 7.4, then I upgraded to v8.  I still have the same problem. I am attaching a picture of one of the DAQmx examples that came with Measurement Studio 7.1.    As you can see, there is no text on the different controls on the form. If I were to click the dropdown box, there would be no text there, either.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,859 Views)

Hi Joe,

You're screenshot doesn't appear to have been posted correctly.  Can you give this another shot?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,840 Views)
Ok, lets try this again.  Here is the screenshot.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,834 Views)

This is weird. Could you attach the project that built this? The same example looks fine on my machine. I'm attaching the example project i have on my machine. See if that has the same problem. I have DAQmx 7.5 installed.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,825 Views)

I tried yours.  It gave me an error that was blank as well.  Here is the code I was using.

http://tallulah.kennesaw.edu/jfw1701/vb.zip

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,819 Views)

The example runs fine on my machine. A couple of questions.

Does this happen with any VB.NET project or is it just the DAQmx shipping examples?
What is your current OS regional setting?

Thanks
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,817 Views)
This only happens with the included examples.  All other code I write on this machine shows up correctly.  The regional setting is set to English(United States).
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,815 Views)

Im not sure what might be happening here. The example i got from you is identical to the one I have here. Both your example and the one I have is working fine. Perhaps you have a missing font? If you can see the text in desginer, try selecting another font for the labels and see if that shows up. I'm assuming that you're using DAQmx 8.0 and that the text shows up in the designer for you.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,806 Views)