Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: This template attempted to load an untrusted component 'NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Wizard

I upgraded from Base to Enterprise a few months ago and since then I have not been able to start a new Measurement Studio project.

Any ideas?

Error: This template attempted to load an untrusted component 'NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Wizard
Version = 1.0.0.0
Culture = neutral
PublicKeyToken = 4544464cdeaab541.  For more information on this problem and how to enable this template, please see documentation
on Customizing Project Templates.

Thanks.
Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,460 Views)
Hi Michael,

Check out this post and see if it helps. If not, let me know.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,459 Views)
Is this solution assuming that I don't have Measurement Studio on my machine?  See the following screen shots.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,455 Views)
Hi Michael,

Good catch and it looks like you have Measurement Studio installed. I assume the error is also generated when you just try and select NI Windows Application? Have you tried doing a repair on Measurement Studio? Did you receive any errors during install of Measurement Studio?

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,453 Views)
I repaired in and now when I try to start I project I get the following error:

"Can't get the service: NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Interfaces80.IMsDirectories"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,450 Views)
Hi Michael,

Its sounds like you somehow gotten into a corrupt installation scenario. In that scenario, I would honestly suggest to remove and then reinstall the product since repairing didn't work. However, I would like to know what you did to get into that state since it should not have occurred. Can you tell me what steps you followed? Any help would be much appreciated at replicating the issue.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,448 Views)
As mentioned before, I upgraded from Base to Enterprise.

More specifically, yesterday I tried to start a new project by selecting MS Windows Application and I got the originally error. 

Today, I repaired my installation and got the second error after following the same steps.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,446 Views)
HI Michael,

You mention that you repaired the installation but did you actually remove the entire software and the install the software back onto your system? Does the error occur on other systems when you follow the same process?  It looks like you are using Visual Studio 2005 so I assume when you upgraded, you did select to install the VS2005 executable on the CD right? I just wanted to make sure you didn't select the 2003 installation and maybe something got corrupt there. Also, do you happen to have DAQmx installed?

When you remove the installation, also check the CSharp and VisualBasic directories in
1) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\
2) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\

for MeasurementStudio to make sure those templates are removed.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,427 Views)
I uninstalled/reinstalled and it works correctly now.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,421 Views)
Hi Michael,

I'm glad that it works now. I'm still going to investigate the issue when I have time since you shouldn't have gotten that error. Just for extra information, what version numbers did you go from (i.e. 7.0 to 8.1.1, or 8.1 to 8.1.1, etc) when you upgraded from Base to Enterprise?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(8,416 Views)