Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for the Measurement Studio Analysis library .NET wrapper

Hi,

I am having a hard time figuring out which of the Analysis Library functions have a .NET wrapper and which dont. Is there documentation on the C# library wrapper?

Regards,

Derek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,156 Views)

Hi, Derek

NI doesn't provide a wrapper API for the analysis library—instead, a fully featured .NET API is provided. I would start by taking a look at the Developing Measurement Studio Projects book in the Measurement Studio Help (right now, the only version of the help online is Measurement Studio 2012 for Visual Studio 2010, but you can access these topics using the help viewer in Visual Studio for your version). From there, there is the getting started walkthroughs with practical examples, the API reference with detailed class member information, and the 'using' topics for general guidance on how to use the APIs. 

The Using the Analysis .NET Library topic might be what you're looking for. Please let us know if you don't find what you're looking for in there, so we can try to address any documentation defficiencies.

I hope that helps!

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,149 Views)

OK, so here is an example. How do I find out where in the .NET API the equivalent functionality of the TransferFunction API is apart from browsing the object in Visual Studio.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,143 Views)

I would start in the Measurement Studio .NET Class Library Reference book (part of the Developing Measurement Studio Projects topic). From there, you'll notice there is a namespace called NationalInstruments.Analysis.SpectralMeasurements, and in that topic you'll find a link to the TransferFunction Class. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,125 Views)

Thanks. I didn't realize that TransferFunction was only in the Enterprise version of the library.

What I am still looking for are the complex array operations such as CxAdd1D, CxSub1D, CxMul1D and CxDiv1D.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,114 Views)

I don't think there are direct analogs to those functions. I think you can use the ComplexDouble, ComplexInt, or ComplexWaveform classes and their accompanying members to perform those operations. Those types are documented in the NationalInstruments Namespace topic.

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,087 Views)