Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing .NET Components without Merge Module

I am distributing an application that uses Measurement Studio 8, but I am not using InstallShield or the built in Setup designer. What files need to placed where, and what files needs to be registered in the GAC? I'm using NSIS to create the installer.

I am not currently able to view the help files with Measurement Studio, it seems installing MS8 onto a machine with just VS 2005 doesn't work with the help.

Thanks.

Jason Coutermarsh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,584 Views)
Hello

You will need MStudio 8.0.1 if you are planning to use VS 2005. MStudio 8.0 Help files are not viewable via the VS 2005 Help system, but MStudio 8.0.1 fully integrates with VS 2005. This is a free upgrade.

See this link for more information.
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=3305&jump=true

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,564 Views)
One other thing to add to Bilal's post is that once you are able to access the help files there is a section on Deploying Measurement Studio Applications in the help.  In this section it lists all the dependencies for each Measurement Studio assembly.
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,554 Views)
I thought my application was all ready to go, but now I find out that unless a user has LabVIEW 8.0 or higher, I get a DllNotFound exception in my application. The exception happens part way through running the app. Things like the waveform graph show up fine. I think the crash happens the first time something in the Analysis dll is called. I've read the section in the Measurement Studio help about distributing files via XCOPY. All the files listed there are copied into the directory of my executable. I also set the two enviroment variables it asks for. Do I need to do anything besides just copy all the files? I'm using Measurement Studio 8.0.1 with Visual Studio 2005, and NSIS as my installer, so merge modules are not an option.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,321 Views)

After getting Remote Debugging working on a clean machine, I have found it is indeed something to do with Analysis:

Unable to load DLL 'nianlys.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)

This file is in the same directory as my executable. Is there something more I need to do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,316 Views)
Turns out it was mkl_lapack64.dll that was missing. I had assumed that mkl_lapack64.dll was for x64, and mkl_lapack32.dll was for x86, but I guess not.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,303 Views)