Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect TTL signal using configured acquisition

I am using configuired acquisition to acquire signal in NI PCI 5105 in visual studio 2008. The other signals are fine but when I give a TTL signal input having a low duty cycle, it can not detect the TTL signal. Is it because it has low duty cycle? The signals that are coming only shows the value around 0. I tried to connect the same signal to NI Scope front panel and it is showing the correct signal. What can I do to solve this problem? I've attached a screen capture of scope front panel. Here we can see the trigger signal in channel 1 but this signal can not be seen using configured acquision.cs. Please help..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(5,117 Views)

Hi,

How low is your duty cylce? Is configured acquisition.cs example code or something you have written? Are you able to trigger if you increase your duty cycle?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(5,111 Views)

The duty cycle is as low as 0.4% I have used configured acquisition.cs that NI has provided and made some changes in it. I even tried with the unchanged code but it is not showing the TTL signal. I used the 1 KHz sinusoidal signal in the same channel and its working fine. Please help me with this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(5,107 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

It seems your duty cycle is very low. The duty cycle tolerance for the PCI-5105 is 45% to 55%. Specifications on the duty cycle are listed on page 11 of the PCI-5105 Manual. Does that help to answer your question?

Regards,

Travis Ann

Customer Education Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(5,093 Views)

But I am getting the signal in Scope Soft Front panel as you can see in the attachement in my previous post. Also, I used the same TTL signal as a trigger in a labview program. I need this signal in channel 1 to act as a trigger for channel 0 source.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(5,089 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

Can you clarify for me how you have you triggering configured? I see that in your SCOPE Soft Front Panel shows that you are using rising edge trigger CH 0 (sine wave) to trigger CH 1 (TTL), but you describe that your code is trying to trigger off of CH 1 (TTL) to trigger CH 0 (sine wave). 

Also, what is the frequency and voltage range of these signals? 

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(5,069 Views)

The trigger in the attached picture is just to test. The real trigger will be the TTL signal in channel 1. The TTL signal is a rising edge trigger in channel 1. The frequency is maximum of 1 KHz but it sometimes can go down to 200 Hz or 500 Hz as well. The voltage is around 4 volt and the trigger level is around 3.5 V. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(5,064 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

From what you are describing, it sounds like what you have set up should work. Could you post some screenshots of your set up so we could take a deeper look?

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(5,052 Views)

Sorry for replying late..Actually I managed to get the TTL signal as a trigger as you can see in the attached image. However, the data acquiring rate is too slow although the data is coming to the digitizer at 1 KHz. I am taking 500 records for each signal.  How can I speed up the acquisition time? Please help me on this..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(5,039 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

The acquiring sample rate is set in the Configure Horizontal Time function in the NiScope driver, so if you want to acquire at a faster rate, you will implement that in your code. You are limited to the overall acquisition rate of the card, which in your case is 60MS/s. 

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(5,029 Views)