From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ, graphics display and save data to the file

hi

I am using MS 8.0 and VS.net 2005 to program a project relative to DAQ, Graphics Display and Save data into the file. Because this procedure need to take a long time(probably, several days continously) and multiple-channels, I want to use asynchronous functions to realize this project. I know in MS8.0, asynchronous call back functions for DAQ are available, and also writing data into file in framework can use asynchronous function as well. In other words, I will use two asynchronous call back functions. how can I design this logic which is easy to go? Thank you very much!

yhong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,733 Views)
YHong,

I am not exactly clear on what you are trying to acheive as far as an easy logic?  To get started, I would take a look at the "Asynchronously Reading with DAQmx .NET Class Library" document which installs with the Measurement Studio help.  It provides a description of async callbacks and how to implement them.  Also check Asynchronous Programming Design Pattern in the .NET Framework.  I think that once you implement an asynchronous architecture for the data acquisition, you can use events in the data acquisition to determine when other actions occur in your application such as image display and file I/O.

Regards,

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,726 Views)