Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ and ASP.NET

Does Measurement Studio support server side NIDAQ controls that I can use to make a web page? If so, can anyone point me to an example that shows how to go about it?

Chuck Lippmeier a LabVIEW guy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,227 Views)

@chucklippmeier wrote:

Does Measurement Studio support server side NIDAQ controls that I can use to make a web page? If so, can anyone point me to an example that shows how to go about it?

Chuck Lippmeier a LabVIEW guy

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/usingninetwebformscontrolsweb...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,218 Views)

I see from your link about how to use standard ASP.NET web form controls but it doesn't mention anything about an ASP.NET NIDAQ web form control or for that matter, any web form controls by National Instruments. Actually, I found that link on my own before I asked the question.

Chuck Lippmeier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,216 Views)

@chucklippmeier wrote:

I see from your link about how to use standard ASP.NET web form controls but it doesn't mention anything about an ASP.NET NIDAQ web form control or for that matter, any web form controls by National Instruments. Actually, I found that link on my own before I asked the question.

Chuck Lippmeier

Have you installed Measurement Studio? It should show you all the controls available.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,213 Views)

I installed Measurement Studio. The Launcher doesn't bring up anything but .NET Examples, Getting Started Guide and an Readme in the NI Launcher.

Win8, Visual Studio 2013 for Web, Visual Studio 2012 Express for Desktop are installed. Launching either one doesn't bring up anything having to do with NI and There doesn't appear to be anywhere else to Launch Measurement Studio.

Chuck Lippmeier

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,210 Views)

@chucklippmeier wrote:

I installed Measurement Studio. The Launcher doesn't bring up anything but .NET Examples, Getting Started Guide and an Readme in the NI Launcher.

Win8, Visual Studio 2013 for Web, Visual Studio 2012 Express for Desktop are installed. Launching either one doesn't bring up anything having to do with NI and There doesn't appear to be anywhere else to Launch Measurement Studio.

Chuck Lippmeier

Measurement Studio does not automatically integrate with Visual Studio Express.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3EA27E75A342A9EF8625723B007343ED

Message 6 of 12
(6,203 Views)

OK, I have an installation of Measurement Studio 2013 running on top of Visual Studio 2008 that I happened to have around my lab. Now when I bring up Measurement Studio I see NI server-side controls for web pages but I still don't see any server-side NIDAQ controls for web pages. I sure wouldn't like to find out that I've been misdirected and that all my effert over the past few days were a big waste of time.

I say again: What I trying to do is write an ASP.NET web page that utilized NIDAQ server-side controls. If this is possible I would like to see some examples of how to do this.

Chuck Lippmeier

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,178 Views)

First entry when I Google "create asp.net measurement studio" http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/createnewaspnetproj/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,173 Views)

I figured that out a long time ago. Problems is "server-side NIDAQ controls" don't seem to exist.

Following the directions explicitly from your reference I get to choose from 4 reference entries. They are:

Enterprise Analysis Library

Network Variable Communication Library

TDM Streaming Library

Web Forms User Interface Controls Library

I select them all.

I open the project, check every entry in the toolbox and do not see anything that indicates anything about NIDAQ.

I'm beginning to think that the only reason for responding to your responses is to warn future reader to ingore this thread.

Chuck Lippmeier

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,170 Views)

@chucklippmeier wrote:

I figured that out a long time ago. Problems is "server-side NIDAQ controls" don't seem to exist.

Following the directions explicitly from your reference I get to choose from 4 reference entries. They are:

Enterprise Analysis Library

Network Variable Communication Library

TDM Streaming Library

Web Forms User Interface Controls Library

I select them all.

I open the project, check every entry in the toolbox and do not see anything that indicates anything about NIDAQ.

I'm beginning to think that the only reason for responding to your responses is to warn future reader to ingore this thread.

Chuck Lippmeier

Disappointing that you find my responses inadequate, but then what do you expect for free?

Perhaps you should go hire yourself a Measurement Studio expert.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,165 Views)