From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clickonce Deployment Warnings VB 2005 & MS 8.01

When publishing my application to a network share on our Windows 2003 main server I receive the following 4 warnings: -

Warning            1          Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise.dll' targets a different processor than the application.   Time Analysis

Warning            2          Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise.dll' targets a different processor than the application.   Time Analysis

Warning            3          Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D.dll' targets a different processor than the application.    Time Analysis

Warning            4          Referenced assembly 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll' targets a different processor than the application.   Time Analysis

I'm developing on a HPxw6200 client running Windows XP sp2 with my development area also on a network share on the main server.  

Although they don't cause me any problems how can I fix these warnings?

stevieB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,062 Views)

You say you are running XP sp2. Is it 64-bit XP (XP x64) or 32-bit XP? Is the OS of your development area on the server 64-bit or 32-bit?

I would expect these warnings if you are compiling the application for a 64-bit platform (or maybe for "any platform"). You can use the Measurement Studio libraries only in 32-bit applications. You can run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit OS, but the application itself must be 32-bit. This is noted in the readme file.

The Measurement Studio online help topic titled "Using Measurement Studio on 64-Bit Operating Systems" describes how to configure your project to build for 32-bit platforms.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,056 Views)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I was compiling for 'any platform' but my application is aimed at the 32bit platform.

Once I put this right the warnings were gone.

Best Regards

StevieB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,038 Views)