Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plot location of DataToScreen

Hello all,

I have a detailed Intensity Plot request when using the DataToScreen (the method that converts data points to their actual pixel position on the display).

I notice that when plotting with DataToScreen, the pixel position of each value is placed squarely in the middle of each data value. I am wondering if it possible to to choose instead of the middle of the data value, an offset that would place it at any of the corners of the data value.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,658 Views)

Hi,

Are you trying to get an offset on the X and Y position of your pixel position? This forum post might be helpful: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/Pixel-position-of-a-data-point/td-p/3360012

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,502 Views)

For intensity data in particular, there is no existing property that can customize the position where values are rendered. To achieve that effect, you would need to either supply data at a different center (e.g. use new Poin3D( 0.5, 0.5, value ), instead of new Point3D( 0.0, 0.0, value ), or new double[,] { value }), or use a custom plot renderer to change how the intensity data is drawn (though that would not change the result produced by DataToScreen).

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,496 Views)