Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read instrument errors for Ando AQ6317B using GPIB commands.

Maybe related to reading the status byte using GPIB commands for the AQ6317B OSA: how can I read the instrument errors, if one or more occur? Several instruments return their instrument errors in the format <errorCode>, <"error message"> as a response to the command ":SYST:ERR?" or similar. Not the AQ6317B optical spectrum analyzer.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,627 Views)
The ERR? query is not a mandatory IEEE-488.2 command so if it's not not listed in the manual and Yo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,617 Views)
Sorry, accidentally clicked post.

If Yokogawa also told you it doesn't exist, then there won't be a way to read errors (at least as text). Not really a question for NI. You should be doing all of this debug in MAX, anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,614 Views)

Hi,

What kind of errors do you mean. The AQ6317 returns the last warning and a status byte.. It is one of the VI of the driver.

Most errors I have seen are related to hardware failures.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,563 Views)

Yes, I did this using NI MAX also and using NI IO Trace (former NISpy). Many instruments accept "SYST:ERR?" as a query to return any INSTRUMENT ERROR (hardware or firmware).

Well, I guess my ANDO does not. it responds with an empty string, or whatever it has in its buffer from the previous query.

In any case, be it as it may, I will close this issue (still in limbo for me), and just ignore instrument errors for the time being.

Thank you for your answers, though.

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,551 Views)