Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install .NET

This NI Web Page: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0EA34D565632DFE186256E7B00762DCC

Says there is no need for Measurement Studio to be installed in order to access the .NET hooks to communicate to NI devices.

"Problem:
Do I need Measurement Studio to be able to use NI-DAQmx with the .NET languages, such as Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic .NET?

Solution:
No, it is not necessary to have Measurement Studio in order to use NI-DAQmx with the .NET Languages. The NI native .NET API for NI-DAQmx (documentation linked below) is available with the Device Driver CD and the NI-DAQmx driver installer. If the API does not install by default you will need to enable it from the feature tree during installation. You can get to the feature tree by selecting Custom at the Select Installation Option window shown below:"

However, I've downloaded installers all the way back to NiDaq-mx version 14 and when .NET support is selected as noted in the link above, (install this feature to local drive, NOT "this feature and all subfeatures") I receive this message:

"Measurement Studio 2015 for VS2012 Integration not present
NI-DAQmx Integration for Visual Studio 2012 requires Measurement Studio 2015 Support for Visual Studio 2012 Integration installed. Measurement Studio Professional Edition or higher must be installed and licensed on the system for this feature."

So.  Is it actually possible to use NI Hardware in .NET without buying Measurement Studio?

If so, how do I make that happen? I already have VS 2012 installed and .NET Framework 4.5.  Windows 7 Professional on a Dell laptop.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I figured out that I needed to exit the installer and start over.  If you ever select "install this feature and all subfeatures" that apparently never gets reset even if you deselect the item and then choose "install this feature".

I have installed the .NET support. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Jonathan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,374 Views)