Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the min/max range ticks on the .NET graph be hidden

Is it possible to suppress the drawing of the ticks and labels that appear at the min and max of the axis range when an automatic tick mark does not correspond to this locatioin. I'd like to have ticks and labels only at the appropriate locations defined by MajorDivisions.Base and MajorDivisions.Interval. When the graph is panned, this would mean that the upper and lower extents of the axis range do not align with ticks, and so should not be labeled. If not possible, please consider this option in the next release.

I know that I can get this behavior manually by using only CustomTicks but this requires more work.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,071 Views)

Hey Adam,

What's the purpose of getting rid of these values? 

I know how to chop off the decimals so it doesn't look as ugly.  If you go to the Axes properties under Major divisions there is a property called: Label Format.  Change it to Numeric, F0.  As for not showing the ends of the axes I'm not aware of a property that will do that.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,046 Views)
Call me a nit-picker, but I don't like the way the ScatterGraph squeezes in those labels along with the ones I designate by setting MajorDivisions.Interval. As far as I'm concerned, the MajorDivisions labels and gridlines are all that are required, I don't care what the actual min and max values are after the graph has been panned or zoomed - it's almost guaranteed that they wont be "convenient" values. I am aware of the format property but this would apply to all the MajorDivisions labels not just the ones for min/max, right? There should be a Axis.ShowMinMax property.

I've worked around by using CustomDivisions only, but this is a bit tedious since I have to do all the preparation manually in code. And, I'm learning that doing extra stuff in .NET (especially UI related) is quite slow.

-Adam
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,042 Views)
Hi, Adam,

There is not built in way (i.e. property) to set that will make those base tick mark lables invisible. you will need to use the custom divisions to get that type of behavior. you may submit a product suggestion on this issue. However, we internally made the decision not allow people to set those properties (same as LabVIEW) as people wanted to the opposite behavior.

Regards,

Song Du
Application Engineer
National Instrument
Regards,

Song Du
Systems Software
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,001 Views)
Hi Adam,

As Song mentioned, please do submit a product suggestion so we can keep track of the people requesting that feature.

When we implemented the axes and tick features, we did consider what the majority of people wanted to see. Out of that came the fact that the base tick marks will always be there (of course unless you do some custom divisions). With that said, if enough people request changes to the way it was implemented, we would then consider possibly changing the features some what.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that we did try and target the majority of users with regards to this feature.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,994 Views)