Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW3DGraph Plot3Dxxx Functions in VisualStudio .NET 2003

I am using the CW3DGraph activeX object in a C++ .NET form. I have the .NET project installed on 5 PCs. Three of the five PCs build the project fine. The other 2 fail to compile complaining that the Plot3DMesh function requires 4 arguments. In my code the call to Plot3DMesh passes in 3 arguments. The 4th argument should be an optional argument according to the documentation. When I view the CW3DGraph interface with the .NET Object Browser on the machines that fail to build they only show one Plot3DMesh function requiring 4 arguments. The other 3 machines that build fine show 2 Plot3DMesh functions in Object Browser, one requiring 3 arguments and one requiring 4 arguments.

I have NI Measurement Studio 7.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on all of these systems. I have verified that the CW3DGraph activeX .OCX files are the same on all the systems.

Has anyone seen this behavior and have a possible solution or suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Eric Strennen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,824 Views)
I was having the same problem with this activeX control. There is a bug in version 7.1 . There is a fix available which will update the control to version 8 but its a pain in the ass (well in my system it was)  To save you all the trouble of trying to update the control  use the attached control and place it in the C:\Windows\system32 directory of the computers you are trying to compile your code in. Or if you choose you can use the attached utility NI sent me to fix this problem.

Good luck
 Hope this works for you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,815 Views)
To update the version of the 3DGraph, you can download the updater from here.

This not only installs the updated control, but also installs the updated merge modules (*.msm) you will need to redistribute the app in an installer.

OJG - What kind of problems did you run into? Were you using the updater?Did that not work for you?

Thanks
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,797 Views)

After much pain and agony, I discovered the cause of this problem. The 3 machines that properly built the wrapper libraries for the CW3DGraph .OCX had .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 installed. The 2 machines that failed to build the wrapper libraries correctly had .NET Framework 1.1 installed. I upgraded the 2 failing machines and now the overloaded functions that I needed are exposed properly.

I discovered the different versions when I was running the Aximp utility from a command prompt on different machines. I also discovered the same problem (no overloaded functions) when creating the wrapper libraries for CWUI.OCX. Although there's not many developers using Measurement Studio as I am, you will want to put this in the NI knowledge base.

Eric Strennen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,782 Views)