From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ support in VS2013

Hi,

Not sure this is the right board but there do not appear to be an appropriate one. I have currently developed a program in C++ in VS2013 taking advantage of C++11 and would like to add a module to this program that captures analog voltages from several devices. I can use a 6321 so I was happy: "Great, i'll just implement a way to read the AIs in my C++ program!". 

Looking more in depth, it appears that VS2013 is not supported for ANSI C. Does this mean I cannot access this board using my VS2013 program? I can't change compiler, I'm using OpenCV as well as other libraries. 

Any insight appreciated..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,813 Views)

Hi, 

I believe you can code in C with Visual Studio 2013. You will need to use a .c extension in order to do this. Here is link that explains this further: https://winquire.org/2013/02/03/creating-a-c-project-in-visual-studio/

Is this what you were asking? I might have misunderstood your question. Are you trying to code in C++ or C? 

Best Regards,

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,785 Views)