Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C#: Get complete list of devices using NI VISA NET

I'm not able to get a complete list of devices attached to a Test Set using "ResourceManager.Find" in NI VISA NET library. The devices that were missing from the list are PXIe cards that are attached to PXI Chassis (1085 - 18 slots). The other types of devices such as serial and GPIB were detected.

This is not a driver or hardware issue because NI MAX was able to display complete list of the devices. I used NI I/O Trace to compare I/O events when using NI VISA NET and NI MAX to detect connected devices.

NI MAX (detected 23 devices):

NI MAX.PNG

NI VISA NET RSRC MGR (detected 9 devices)

NI VISA NET.PNG

The only difference between the two is setting getting and setting "FIND_RSRC_MODE" attribute. I have searched the VISA NET library to find how to set this attribute but was unsuccessful. Is there a way to do this or it is internal to NI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,230 Views)

Hi Okenne,

To best assist you with this I have a few questions:

• Are you able to communicate with your PXIe cards using any functions besides ResourceManager.Find?
  • Do you have another chassis that you can try to use with these cards?

Also, I have not yet been able to identify any explicit documentation on "Find_RSRC_MODE," but this  link references a similar function from LabVIEW which may provide you with some insight.

-cblanchard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,139 Views)