Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ask] Display Function Generator Signal

Hello,

I have a newbie question..
I am using Function Generator to create a sine signal. I use sample program for VB '05. But I can't get the correct value of the signal, like I was viewing it in the oscilloscope.
Could someone please give me some guide for beginner like me how to get a value from generated signal using sample program for VB '05 ?

Edit: I am using NI 6220 Card

Thanks,

The-F

Message Edited by The-F on 12-14-2007 09:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,556 Views)
Hello The-F,

This is Yuki Ohira from National Instruments Japan.

I would like to ask you a few questions first, in order for me to better understand the issues you are encountering.
Can you tell me which example program you are using?  You mention that what you obtain is not what you expect.  I would like to know how the signal obtained differs from what it should be, for instance, if you display it on the oscilloscope, what does it look like?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Yuki Ohira
Applications Engineer
National Instruments Japan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,529 Views)
Hello Yuki Ohira,

Thank You very much the reply.

Q : Can you tell me which example program you are using?

A : I was trying a sample program in :
http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/908
I tried vbnet_contacq-intclk.zip

Q : You mention that what you obtain is not what you expect.  I would like to know how the signal obtained differs from what it should be, for instance, if you display it on the oscilloscope, what does it look like?

A : The signal I was trying to display is very simple, a sine signal (50 Hz, 100 mv). In the oscilloscope, the signal was displayed well, but in the computer monitor, no signal was displayed using that sample program.

Could you please kindly assist me and tell me what I was missing?

Thanks,

The-F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,519 Views)
Hello The-F,

It seems that the signal itself has no problem.  So the issure is most likely due to the parameters and/or wiring on the terminal block.
Since you are not seeing anything on the computer screen, could you make sure that you are selecting the the appropriate physical channel and the correct trigger sources for both digital start and reference triggers?  Using another example program first, such as the one that just does analog input without using triggers, may be useful in order to determine if the issue is due to the analog input itself or the triggers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
I may not be able to reply during the break, but as soon as I get back, I will reply to you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yuki Ohira
Applications Engineer
National Instruments Japan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,447 Views)