Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the VS2005 GPIB.net assemblies available for download

Now that MS8.0.1 has been released with VS2005 support, are the GPIB.net assemblies for VS2005 now available for download?

And how about VISA?

Chuck Gantz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,585 Views)

Hi Chuck,

Unfortunately, there is not a separate installation/download for the GPIB .net assemblies for VS2005.  These assemblies, however, are on the current Driver CD.  In case you need it, I have zipped the CD and have placed it on our ftp site for you to download.  It is located in a folder called ## Driver CD May 06 ##.  I just placed it there, so it may take a few minutes to refresh.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,566 Views)
OK. Thanks. I've gotten normal GPIB downloads from the NI site, but I don't know if that has the latest assemblies.

I've never ftp'd from NI before. How do I do that?

Chuck
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,563 Views)

Hi Chuck,

Sorry I failed to mention how to get to it!  Anyway, log on to ftp.ni.com and browse to the outgoing folder.  This is where I placed the driver folder mentioned above.  It should be first on the list.  It may ask you to log in.  Just use your profile information from www.ni.com. If you have any trouble, please let me know!

Have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,562 Views)
Hi.

I went to the site after logging in, but for some reason can't download. I get an error message that an unexpected error occured. I could download some other files, so I am connected.

And is the file really more than 1GB?

I'll be gone a few days, but when I get back I'll try again.

Chuck
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,558 Views)
Hi Chuck,
I am not sure why you got that error.  Please try it again.  Do you have ftp priveliges on that computer?  Some computer settings block ftp access, so check these settings.  Yes, unfortunately, the Driver CD file is over 1GB.  It actually is made for 3 separate CDs, so one .zip file is pretty big.
If you have futher trouble with it, just let me know!  Have a great weekend!
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,552 Views)
Hi Chris,

Would you post that download for the GPIB.Net assemblies for VS2005 again.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,386 Views)

Hi mferebee,

I have reposted the driver CD to the ftp site.  Log on to ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/ and find the folder called "## Driver CD May 06 ##".  Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,378 Views)