Did you mean: 

Anyone written a canned DAS Package?

I have a NI PXI 1042Q Rack with the following boards:
PXI-8106 CPU with XP Pro SP2
PXI-4472
PXI-4351 (2 off)
PXI-6251
PXI-6521

Some of the cards are NidaqMx and other Legacy Nidaq.

I need simple data logging. I dont want to write Labview code.

Has anyone developed a general purpose data aquistion package that can automatically discover NI hardware and allow the end user to easily log and visualise data?
I am currently downloading signal express for evaluation but I dont think ti works for legacy Nidaq type cards.

I dont have any experience with Labview and the timescales dont allow me to invest this time.

What other options do I have?

I am a reasonably proficient .NET programmer and have written some code to retrieve data from NidaqMX tasks created manually in measurement and automation explorer but the code I have written does not work with legacy Nidaq devices.

I need a quick solution. I dont want to re-invent the wheel. I am sure someone somewhere has a fully featured product which if suitable I am prepared to purchase.

Thanks for your help and advice

Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,857 Views)
Hi Dynamotive,

Thanks for posting your query on the National Instruments Forums. I think you may want to look at VI logger.

VI Logger is a software utility that you can use to define and execute datalogging tasks. The Lite package of VI Logger provides basic datalogging and acquisition tools for NI-DAQmx devices. The Full package of VI Logger includes additional features for NI-DAQmx, Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy), and FieldPoint devices.

With VI logger no programming is really required and its all built into MAX. Additionally you can view your logs in excel and DIAdem.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Kirtesh Mistry
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,819 Views)