Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations very slow, what about...

Hello,

I have seen that adding around 100 annotations significantly slows down my program. I noticed that in other posts about annotations that NI needs to do a more efficient job with implementing annotations.  So there are known problems with annotations, ok.

I need to display a horizontal line across the graph to indicate an event in time ( yaxis is a time axis).  I was using annotations to do this.  What would be a good alternative?  I could implement cursors, but do they have the same problem that annotations have?  I could put up a plot as a horizontal line, but I don't know if that would be a drag as well.

What do you think?

Scott

XP, VS2005, C#, NI MS7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,419 Views)
There is a known issue with the Annotations perf that we have fixed for next release. Cursors do not exhibit this perf problem. Go with Cursors.

Brock
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,412 Views)
Is there a timescale for this to be released (or an interim patch to fix the issue ?)

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,394 Views)
I cannot give an exact release date, but I can say that it is very likely that the next version will be available before the end of the year.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,390 Views)
Is there any chance of getting hold of an early beta version as out solution is currently reliant on annotations and due to ship early next year. However if the performance increases are insufficient we will need to start looking at different options.

Thanks

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,320 Views)
Hi Scott,

You can sign up at www.ni.com/beta to be involved in our beta program. This would allow you to play around with our upcoming software.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,285 Views)