From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation for Measurement Studio 2005 using 2011 activation code

Hi NI Measurement Studio wizards

Situation:  I have been tasked to take over and update a 3rd party software program that used VS2005 and NI Measurement Studio 2005.  I am trying to replicate (as near as I can) their development environment.  As far as I can tell, they only used MS for a couple of Windowing functions and FFT caculations.  I do not have access to the same set of tools they used.  I am limited to VS2010 and have a copy of NI MS 2011.  Can I download a copy of MS 2005 from the NI website and acitivate it using the Serial Number from my 2011 MS?  Thankyou in advance for any advice/input.

Regards

Phil Spratt

Keysight Tech

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,310 Views)

@PS1 wrote:

Hi NI Measurement Studio wizards

Situation:  I have been tasked to take over and update a 3rd party software program that used VS2005 and NI Measurement Studio 2005.  I am trying to replicate (as near as I can) their development environment.  As far as I can tell, they only used MS for a couple of Windowing functions and FFT caculations.  I do not have access to the same set of tools they used.  I am limited to VS2010 and have a copy of NI MS 2011.  Can I download a copy of MS 2005 from the NI website and acitivate it using the Serial Number from my 2011 MS?  Thankyou in advance for any advice/input.

Regards

Phil Spratt

Keysight Tech

Have you tried opening the project in VS2010 with NI MS 2011?

I am not sure what "same set of tools" you are missing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,283 Views)