Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing NI USB-6008 in VB.net 2012

I have coded NI equipment in the past in VB.net 2005 but I am recently getting back in to programming and I am a little lost on how to access this device in VB.net 2012. If anyone could help I will need to read the counter port and read voltages on the analog ports. Now I also have a concern that this might not be possable with this device according to this article NI Information can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance on any help you may provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,024 Views)
Have you installed NI-DAQmx development support for .NET? You should be able to get a good start by looking at the examples that install.
Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,009 Views)

I beleive so, the laptop I have was a previous employee's which had all the NI stuff installed in it when I got it, in NI Max under software it shows measurment studio for 2012(Pic Attached) and I did find some examples but all seem to have some issues so I need to get with my IT department to check to see if the objects were installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,995 Views)

I was able to get with IT and I do have DAQmx installed but for somereason it does not show up as a reference option in .net.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,992 Views)

@Devteck379 wrote:

I was able to get with IT and I do have DAQmx installed but for somereason it does not show up as a reference option in .net.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E3BAF6FC4017960B8625755A00525D37#net3

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,979 Views)

I did finally get a Reference to DAQmx, I had to manually locate the .dll file to get a refence, now to my next question I have located the examples in the MStudioVS2012 folder for .net but I did not see an example for a counter. I am simply trying to write a peice of code that will display in a text box the counts from the  counter channel on the USB-6008 which is designated as PFI0 I can get it to display in NI MAX. The channel is set up as a falling edge counter and it counts up, at some time I will need a way to reset this but I beleive once I get it in the code to read the counts I can figure out the rest. Thank you for any information.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,972 Views)

You'll want to see if you can manually get the USB-6008 to make readings using NI-MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,970 Views)

Yes I did get it to read in NI MAX and it works perfect now I just need to convert that to VB.net code to be able to read the counter channel.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,960 Views)