From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP.NET Webform: Autorefresh does not work

I'm developing an ASP.NET webapplication using NI WebControls (e.g. ni:thermometer or ni:led).
While the edit numeric control always is refreshed (with a rate of about 2 seconds in my case) the ni:led control is not working correctly. After starting the page calling the webapplication the control is updated a few times (may be 2 times up to say 10 times) then the control seems to hang. That meens: the color of the led does no more change; but if one hover the mouse over the control (the led) the tooltip shows the correct (changing!!) value.  

As startingpoint for my development i used the NI thermometer example and added a few led's.
Can someone tell me, what may be wrong here?

Greeting PeterMichael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,473 Views)
Hi PeterMichael,

perhaps you can post a small example, which shows this behaviour.
This is because we can send this to our developers in the USA.

Thanks a lot.

best regards
Dippi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,444 Views)

Hi Dippi,

please find additional informations in the attached zip-archive, including:

Default.aspx

Default.aspx.cs

In a three-line table the page displays by <ni:NumericEdit> - controls the return values (temperatures) of different webservices. The LED's should show the result of ping requests to the servers (is server online?). For debugging i replaced the 3-rd servicecall by a flag toggeling every 2 seconds and the led by a thermometer. The result is:

-  the <ni:NumericEdit>-control shows always the correct value

- the <ni:thermometer>-control does not show the toggeling value, however when you hover the control the tooltip shows you the correct value.

(if you replace the thermometer by a led it shows the same behaviour too) 

Hope yu can help me.

best regards Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,432 Views)