From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4472 ni-daq using measurement studio 8.0 for visual C++ .net 2003

I am working on a project on detection of acoustic signals through microphone arrays using 4472 NI-DAQ card and measurement studio for visual C++ of visual studio .net 2003. The purpose of this project is to allow the microphone array to be able to sense the direction of a sound signal. The code will be designed to display the angle of which the sound signal is coming from, with the array as the reference plane. However I have no idea on how to start on my project. Can someone help me on this please? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,103 Views)
Hi Johnson_Lee,

The first thing you will need to do is bring in all the data from the array of microphones.  The card has eight analog inputs which can all be combined into one DAQmx Task.  If you are unfamiliar with the DAQmx drivers, there is a very good document that I think you will find helpful.  It was written for LabVIEW users but the graphical blocks also reference their C and .NET equivalents.

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

Also some C++ examples were installed with Measurement Studio that should get you started.  They have excellent documentation and give you a feel for how a DAQmx program is structured.  The Knowledge Base Programming NI-DAQ in Visual C++.NET talk about the examples and where they are installed.  Please let us know if you have any further questions as you work on this project.  Best of luck!

Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,089 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. However, the information that you had given me is for programming the NI-DAQ which I have already done so. In fact, this project has already been done using Labview which uses block diagram. Right now, I was thinking of doing it using Visual C++. Is there any way to convert the Labview program to Visual C++ program.

Regards

Johnson    

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,081 Views)
Johnson,

I guess I don't understand what you are asking for.  There is not a way to automatically convert LabVIEW into Visual C++.NET code.  You will need to recode the project but there are lots of good example programs to assist you.  The 4472 is programed with the DAQmx drivers so any DAQmx documentation will be relevent to your project.  If you are looking for example projects to use as a starting point, the examples installed at the directory below will be a good starting place.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2003\VCNET\Examples\DAQmx

I hope I am answering your question but I am not sure if you need help getting started with your project or if you have some other specific question. 

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,058 Views)