From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Graph image shows "Evaluate Copy" in customer's copy of the application

I used the 3D Graph activeX component in my .Net application (C# , Measurement Studio 2012). It works fine and I can save the 3D plot to images. When my customer use this application after installation of the package I developed, it has no problem if the plot shows on screen. However, it shows "Evaluation Copy" on top of the plot when it be saved to disk file. Can any body tell me why and how to get around the problem?

Dufei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(3,817 Views)

Hi Dufei,

Take a look at this KB. It has a section on running the Measurement Studio ActiveX License Fixer. If that doesn't work, follow the other troubleshooting steps in the KB.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(3,779 Views)

Thank you for your quick response. I came cross this KB, and I did try the fixer.exe downloaded from NI website. It shows that my cwGraph3D.ocx is a valid copy, nothing else need to be fixed.

I have to tell a bit more what I did. In my application, I used the ocx on the Windows Form to display 3D graph. This portion does not have any problem in the customer's copy of the application. However, when I used the ocx as a non-Windows-Form object, that is, a stand alone object, and add plot etc on to the object and then save to file, then in the saved file we see the "Evaluation Copy" banner. I am wondering if the valid ocx has to be in Windows-Form format.

Thank you gain and looking foward to hearing from you.

Dufei

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(3,774 Views)

Let me double check to see if the valid ocx has to be in Windows Form. I will get back to you on that. If you try to install the package on another computer, do you see the same thing?

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(3,757 Views)

Hi,

I assume you are talking about installing the package I developed on to another computer. I will certainly try another computer, but the problems we encounted were from the customer's computer, not on my computer, that is, on my computer I can generate the 3D graph without Windows Form (no banner). Therefore it must be the ocx deploy problem, I bet.

Dufei

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(3,754 Views)

Hey Dufei,

Yep, you are right. I want to know if this issue is isolated to your customer's computer only so we can scope the issue better.

Can you let me know why you want to use the ocx as a stand alone object?

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(3,744 Views)

The banner only appears at the customer copy and in a standalone mode (non Windows-Form).

We (customers and I) using the application to visualize the data imaging, for example, the x-ray scattering pattern of polymer under certain contidions. We observe the scattering pattern change in a series images and trying to visualize these changes by image clips. There are two ways to do it, one is 2D image which NI also provide a tool such as "intensity plot", and the other one is more atractive 3D plot. In order to make a clip from 10s even 100s of images, we have to do it what I call it "off Windows mode", I utilized the Ironpython and wrote a script to that, so the (plot) images were generated in the background. It is this portion on the customer's copy had the "Evaluation Copy" problem.

I just tried other computer, it is the same as the other one. But on my computer, I have no problem what's so ever.

Dufei

p.s. I uploaded an example video clip in the email reply to your address

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(3,741 Views)

For those who are interested in this problem, please check the website:

http://dell.chem.sunysb.edu/polar/ExampleData/Movies/3exp-movie-25fps.avi

to watch the video clip.

Thank you!

Dufei

Message 8 of 28
(3,740 Views)

Hey Dufei,

Let's give this KB a try. It seems like the control might not be licensed properly.

If this doesn't work, can you send me a minimal reproducible case of your application that demonstrate this. I want to reproduce it on my side. 

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(3,731 Views)

Hi,

I have the integrated Microsoft Visual Studio in place and actually I also have the licenses.licx in my project. I have checked the contents of licenses.licx, it indeed does not include the cw3DGraph.ocx, all the components are the .Net components. This could be the source of the problem.

If so, then how can I add the license info of the activeX into this licenses.licx?

To regenerate the problem, are you request for the source code or the developed package? If it is the later, you can download the package from:

http://dell.chem.sunysb.edu/xPolar/xPolar.msi

however, you may need some sample data and temerary product-key. I will upload some data and send you the product-key, and the steps of generation of the problems as well, by a sepearted email.

Dufei

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(3,729 Views)