From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 SP1 waveform graph y-axis caption/marker label spacing

I updated to SP1 this week, and now there are 5 pixels of extra horizontal margin between the y-axis caption (left side, bottom-to-top) and y-axis major marker labels. Is this intentional? It changes the vertical alignment characteristics of stacked graphs. There is one remotely related bug in the bug fixes list (222524), but that doesn't read to me like it should cause what I'm seeing.

Thanks,

Shawn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,107 Views)

Ok, I think I see the problem. The y-axis range is -0.00001 to 0.00100 (marker label formatting is F5), but I have EndLabelsAlwaysVisible=false, so the first marker label is 0.00000. SP1 is accounting for the text size of the end labels even though they are not visible. The minus sign on the range minimum makes the difference. Setting the range minimum to 0 makes the extra space go away.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,106 Views)

Sounds like you have figured out this situation,  please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with in displaying these graphs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,100 Views)

Indeed, I figured out what's going on, and even if I keep the desired negative minimum range, I know how to force align the other graphs in my window. But isn't this kind of the same thing as 222524, i.e. a bug? There are five pixels of margin that don't really need to be there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Hi Shawn,

I see this behavior too and could not reproduce it in MStudio 2009 either. Bug 222524 is for a different issue, but it is likely closely related. It is possible that our fix for that bug introduced this new bug. I have filed a bug report for it and you can track it with ID 338809. Sorry for the inconvenience. Were you able to find a workaround?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,088 Views)

D Biel, thank you for filing the bug. There's no workaround for the five extra pixels of margin, but it's barely noticeable once I correct the alignment of my other graphs. As long as it's fixed at some point, everything will be back to normal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,082 Views)