Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which card is good to measure a pulse with time width 250ns?

is the 6024E suitable for such a measurement?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,476 Views)
If you are trying to measure a pulse width of 250ns, then this means that this is a 4MHz clock/signal. In order to accurately measure the width then the clock of the counter will need to be pulsing at rate higher than 4MHz (how high depends on how accurate you need this system to be).

The 6024E counter/timer can have an internal timebase of up to 20MHz, which would allow you to measure a pulse width of 250 ns; however, the results may not be accurate enough for you since the counter signal is only 5 times faster than the signal you are attempting to measure. This means that you could have an error equal to +/- 1 of your internal clock cycles, this is referred to as "synchronization error."

If you really want to use this board, then you will probably want to
look into using a "High Frequency 2 Counter Method." This method is used when the signal you are trying to measure is approaching the internal timebase of the counter. Rather than use one counter, for this method you will need to use two counters where the external signal is the source of the second counter and the internal timebase is the source of the first counter.

If you are interested in that then I would recommend looking at our website to find more information and examples of the different options available to you.

Regards,
Michael H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,475 Views)

I am  now focussing on controlling of systems using the EMG signal ( ELECTROMYOGRAM) i am done with converting the signal to the pulse.but while acquring the pulse in real time i need help in measuring the pulse width for the corresponding EMG signal as pulse width is used for the classification of various EMG signals we need to know how to measure the pulse width in real time.???I here by attached the vi and the output measures in offline..please help us...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,928 Views)
Please post to an appropriate board. This board is for an obsolete product called Measure and it has nothing to do with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,923 Views)