Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to find the cRIO in MAX. DHCP address lease ok.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello i have a NI cRIO to install for the first time i have an issue adding it in Measurement and automation express (MAX)

I did the following:

-i have held the reset button for 5 seconds.

-i got the tripple blink

-verified that a DHCP lease has been obtained by the RIO. (192.168.11.9/subnet 255.255.255.0)

-Pressed the "Find NIDAQ network devices" - nothing was found

-Entered manually the address stated above - nothing was found

My configuration:

x86PC,Win7,32bit, wireless network adapter(wired disabled)in the above mentioned network,firewall off

cRIO9075 LAN cable to a router/switch (BUFFALO WHR-G125)

Could you, please give me some advice on some next steps i could take to connect?

Happy holidays,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,812 Views)
You've posted to the wrong board. Measure is an obsolete add-on product for Excel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,792 Views)

Dear Sanches,

The cRIO appears under Remote Systems in MAX. Please check this guide for additinal troubleshting steps.

Regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
Message 3 of 4
(6,765 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sanches2

Dear all,

I've found the root cause for the issue it is a bad combination of (old) NI DAQ driver and my device.

I have checked the compatibility of the driver and the device and found out that i have different driver from the old set of boards we bought for the university and i was missing the driver cd (which has gone missing:)

I have downloaded the new driver NIDAQ1400f1(or something like this).

Now it works.

Thank you all for your responses.

@Valkoa: thanks for the response:) unfortunately the device was not apperaing anywhere despite it succesfuly acquired a lease from my router

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,660 Views)