Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-CAL Status Indicator Flashing Red

Using Calibration Executive and a cFP-CAL module, I'm trying to calibrate a cFP-TC-120.  While verifying the voltage, I can not get a value.  I'm guessing this has to do with with my communication between the cFP-CAL and the host computer.  While powering on the cFP-CAL, the "STATUS" LED flashes green once, but then switches to a flashing red after the boot-up.  Attached is a screen shot of trying to aquire a value during calibration.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,346 Views)

Hi Tyson,

Have you followed the setup guide for the cFP-CAL? Check out the boot procedure in the guide below.

cFP-CAL Quick Start Guide

If you have followed the instructions in the guide, can you see the cFP-CAL in MAX? Please follow the steps in the article below to connect using a serial (RS-232) cable.

Find cFP-CAL in Measurement & Automation Explorer when Connected with RS-232

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,302 Views)

Josh,

I can not get NI Max to discover the cFP-CAL on Com1.  Attached are 2 screenshots:

1) Creating a new Field Point Serial setup

2) The error that occurs when clicking the "Finish" button.

I am using the correct RS-232 Straight through cable with no null modem.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,298 Views)

Tyson,

Are the dip switches set to the correct position? This info can be found on page 9 of the quick start guide. Do other cFPs work on this computer? I would recommend trying to install the drivers for FieldPoint on another compatible computer for testing to see if the issue is with the cFP-CAL or with the computer OS.

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,273 Views)