Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What product(s) should I use to replace Measure?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a customer who has been using Measure in Excel to communicate with GPIB and possibly DAQ devices. He has been experiencing unstability with Measure and is interested in moving away to another product. Which product(s) would provide the simplest transition? I'm interested in any feedback/ideas you may have.

Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hillary_C_E

Much of what Measure does today can be pretty easily still accomplished from within Excel using the macro editor although it does require that you write some code to do it instead of using the interactivity that Measure provides.  Measure includes a conversion utility that will convert a Measure task to Excel VBA which leverages some of the ActiveX controls from Measurement Studio.  Alternatively you could use Excel VBA (or in newer versions of Excel, .NET) directly with our language interfaces for DAQ and GPIB.  Again, this would require some amount of programming in Excel.  We also have examples which show how to acquire data using LabVIEW and then send that data to a spreadsheet.

Message 2 of 5
(8,422 Views)

I would like to write excel.net code to "talke to a GPIB USB HS. 

Where do I find examples to do code like ibdev, ibrd or ibwrt commands do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,206 Views)

NI-488.2 includes support for any .NET programming language.  You should find instructions on this in the NI-488.2 help file that gets installed with the driver.  

I don't know that there are any Excel-specific examples but you should be able to adapt any of the C# or VB.NET examples for use in Excel if you are familiar with writing .NET code and the Excel programming environment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,192 Views)

Thank you Jason,

I will read and try the help file for NI-488.2

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,188 Views)