Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to follow in/out pressure on filter to know when to replace it.

Dear all.

I am trying to develope an application for comparing two voltage inputs.

The application should get a signal when to start and when the signal stops the comparing should stop.

It should have (about) 10 channels (each channel will get 3 signals: tow voltages to compare and one trigger) while during the "compare time" (by trigger) the system compares the two voltages (about 1Khz) and save the differencial voltage into a memory.

The computer (works with LabView) will collect the data every few minutes and will analyze it.

Any shelf product I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Yoash 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,526 Views)

Not sure what your question is and not sure why you posted it here. This board is for a product called 'Measure' - an add-on for Excel and not some generic place to post questions about measuring something.

You say you have LabVIEW and that would be a 'shelf' product you can use to write your application. Do you already have some hardware? If you don't contact your local NI Sales Engineer for help in choosing it. You have not provided enough information here to advise. Your comment about each 'channel' getting 3 signals does not make any sense. A DAQ channel will be connected to one specific signal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,516 Views)

Dear Dennis.

First of all: thank you for your answer and please accept my appology for my English that is not my firat language.

I am not sure what is the right thread to ask my question, so I'll try to give more detailed explanation so maybe I'll be able to get a direction from you.

I am actually look for a shelf NI product for my application which I know could be designed with a general DAQ supported by electronics that I know how to develope.

The point is that this application could be useful for another users so I thought it could maybe a good idea to develope a new kind of product.

But before I am starting to develope it I want to know if you already have a shelf solution.

Explaination:

I have to monitor about 50 filters by comparing the in and out pressure on them and I thought to work with groups of 10 (thats why I asked about 10 filters).

Every filter gives two separate voltages for in preassure and out preassure (by sensors that I already have) and one "pump signal" to "tell" the system when to meassure.

Of course I can use a standard DAQ ithe two analog inputs (for the preassure sensors) and one digital input (for "pump signal") but I'll have to use an amplifier to make the analog signals suited and therefore I am looking for shelf product to be used with no additional "tailor made" electronics.

If I'll see that NI has no shelf product it could maybe give me an opportunity to develope somthing of my own as a new NI suitable product to offer other integrators.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Yoash 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,512 Views)
Like I said, you should really contact your local NI Sales Engineer to discuss your hardware requirements in detail. There is a Pressure Measurements page that you can review to see some of the options.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,508 Views)

Dear Dennis.

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

I'll do what you suggested and I'll have a look in the links.

Yoash

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,504 Views)