Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI AT-MIO-16E-10

Hi there

I would like to digitize the output signal of a quartz microbalance system running at a frequency of 5 MHz. The signal was initially digitized using a PM6671 frequency counter and a PM9696 interface from Philips. The interface is now broken and these products are sold out.

I would like to know if the multifunctional card NI AT-MIO-16E-10 can be used for frequency measurements. Again, the fundamental frequency of the crystal is 5 MHz.

The quartz microbalance is used for very sensitive mass measurements (ng/cm2). A change in frequency corresponds to a change in mass. While the accuracy of such device is not so important, the stability of the frequency signal in time is crucial. The required stability (second to second) is 0.002Hz. The time base should therefore have a 1 second stability better that 0.002Hz/5MHz or 1:4^-10.

I look forward to hearing news from you

Stela

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,092 Views)

You'll probably get an answer faster if you post to the counter/timer board. This board is for a product called 'Measure' - an add-on for Excel.

You could also do a search for that device and read the manual/specs. It is a very old board though and if it's not obsolete now, it will be soon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,085 Views)