Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms office report don't read all data

Hello! 

I'm working in a proyect. Where they form an Array in 2D with data in X and Y (see picture). I need that for each iteration, the data being stored in a MS Office Report in Custom excel. But this doesn't occur, only keep latest data of latest iteration. 

Sorry for my English. 

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,603 Views)
could you attach your vi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,585 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,575 Views)
it seem any thing is ok just some small mistake
but none of them prevent your code to make array
use conditional channel instead of indexing to not make zero in your array
do these two test to know witch part of your code make problem
1 check Array 2 to see if you have really 2d array. if not it shows that you have problem in visa read part
2 attach one constant 2d array to your ms office report and run
if you could not make array it show that you have problem there
Message 4 of 11
(6,571 Views)

I checked this, but the problem is in MS office report where i need that the data saved for each iteration in same excel. For example for first iteration the data are stored as the picture attach, it's ok!. But i need that all data of each iterations, in order, using as a reference a custom excel. Now, the data are saved for each iteration in a registry of excel...

thank you very much!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,561 Views)
why you just do not make big 2d array by insert into array and then end of your code insert it into excel (when you push stop insert it after last loop ) ?
it will be work I think
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,555 Views)

the problem is ¿Why insert previous data? and for finally all data saved...I made a program type for model the specific problem... 

look this VI...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,544 Views)

Hi Ange, 

Are you trying to append to a file? Are you trying to put all of your data in one excel file? Or are you trying to write to a new excel file after each run? 

Have you tried to use the Write to Measurement File express VI?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,526 Views)

I'm trying to ... create a file (custom excel) and save all iterations in the same file in different cells and defined...

I tried with Write To Measurement File but the problem is in the position data for each iteration. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,513 Views)

Hi Ange,

If you have the Report Generation Toolkit, this document shows how to append data to an excel file between each  runs. It is a good example and you should be able to implement the code easily into your own program. 

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3404

If you do not have that option, there is also a great forum post that has solutions listed for your problem. There are several solutions on there that you can also implement in your own code. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Is-it-possible-to-continuously-write-multiple-variables-to-one/td-p/...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,500 Views)