Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure DAQ setting trace back

Hi,

We are upgradeing an old project using PCI-1200 and Measure DAQ vba. The problem is we don't know what's the settings that has been used in the application, since the missing document. And this cause the values putting out by new DAQ device do not match with the old ones in the same experiment. I wonder if there's any way to trace back and figure out the original settings on PCI-1200.

Btw: from manual, after install Measure and add the DAQ.xla as add-in, there should be a DAQ dropdown button, but we can not see it, I also tried older excel2003, without success. The PC is running Win7.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,610 Views)

The PCI-1200 and Measure are both obsolete and neither are supported under win 7. And if you move to a supported os, I don't think there is any way to know exactly the setup except to experiment in MAX with the different settings. If the values are radically different, it would likely be the input configuration - i.e. RSE vs differential.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,608 Views)

The application is in production line, we do not want to change anything before figure all things clear; plus it's a unique system and there's no comparison available, so experimenting in MAX is not an option. There's no way besides that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,605 Views)

You've already made a major change by using a different os and by losing the documentation on the original app. You also say the readings are incorrect. How can fixing the setup affect production any more than that? The PCI-1200 just will not work on windows 7 so you obviously released it to production without any sort of validation testing at all.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,602 Views)

Original application is developed at least 10 years ago by other engineers that have already left our department, the people maintaing the system do not know details either. I am working on transfering the system to windows7 since last month, as those product are obsolete, I am using a new DAQ device that do support windows7 and trying to match the original system.

I don't know if there's any testing before it release, clearly there's some management issues back then. But for now, I just want to figure out the original setting without prior knowledge, I know it might sound unreasonable, but that seems only way to conquer the problem now. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,599 Views)

I think I misunderstood. You still have the old system running? In that case, why don't you simply look at the configuration in MAX and look at the vba code that is running?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,587 Views)

That's fine. The vba code only calls the functions predefined using DAQ configuration tool, and the problem is we don't see that tool now, which is suppose to show with reference of DAQ add in. We will visit the proponent' lab for MAX setting for sure. Also we will try to get NT machine to see if it's caused by OS. Will keep it update. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,575 Views)