Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX TDMS data logging

I am completely new to using anything NI and have a very basic question. I am collecting acceleromter data with 9233 cards in a cDAQ 9172 chassis and viewing the live data with Measurement and Automation Explorer Version 14.0.0f0. I would like to log raw test data to disk, I assume this is the TDMS file. In the Data Neighborhood, NI-DAQmx Tasks, My Task, I am viewing the Logging tab and and set up a file path to a local directory. I start and stop the run with the buttons at the top of the graph, but nothing gets logged to the directory.

There is a note that says "No data will be logged when task in run in this dialog. Configure logging and then use the task in a development environment to begin logging to disk." All I can discern is that it won't log, but I have no idea what the rest means.

Is there a simple way to create a TDMS file on my hard drive so that I can import it into a data processing software?

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,890 Views)
First, you posted to the wrong board. This is for an obsolete product called Measure. It is not a general dumping place for questions.

Second, you need some programming development environment - LabVIEW, CVI, C++, even SignalExpress.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,882 Views)