From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an exception error when launching NI Measurement and Automation Explorer

The CniDMFuiProvider::Initialize plug-in caused an exception in the CmxExecutionThreadPool::DoWorkNonUI function in the MAX process.  What is mean.  I cannot access NI MAX after I ignore this message, I will   have to kill the process.

Message 1 of 4
(10,332 Views)

Did it say which plug in caused the issue?  Would you mind creating a technical support report from MAX and attaching it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,328 Views)

Greetings nintel

This type of NI-MAX exception is associated with a corruption in some files of the NI-MAX and has been solved in the past by either removing a MAX database corruption or repairing the installation of NI-MAX. Have you tried going to Control Panel>>Programs and Features>>NI Software and repairing NI Measurement & Automation Explorer? Please let us know if any of those steps solve the problem. Have a nice day.

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,320 Views)

I had the same issue with MAX version 20.0 this afternoon. I tried to repair MAX using NI Package Manager but this didn't resolve the issue. I also tried to reset my MAX database per the suggestion in this thread but that also did not resolve the issue. Eventually I used the package manager to remove and then reinstall both MAX and LabVIEW. This did resolve the issue but at the cost of most of my afternoon.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,500 Views)