Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a beginner user of GPIB board and Labview software. I've communicated with my spectrum analyzer HP8563E. Now I want to read data (Amplitude signal) and dispaly graph from spectrum analyzer through GPIB (NI-488.2).

I am a beginner user of GPIB board and Labview software. I've communicated with my spectrum analyzer HP8563E. Now I want to read data (Amplitude signal) and dispaly graph from spectrum analyzer through GPIB (NI-488.2). How can I do to creat this VI application. Do you have a VI application ready to send it to me. Thank you in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,657 Views)
Hello,
Did you searched for Labview driver for the equipment?
If you get such a driver you dont need to worry more about making a vi.You can look in the Ni web for labview driver.
IF the driver is not available then you shoud study the manual and find the command corresponding to get the spectral data from which you can obtain the spectrum.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,655 Views)
Hello:

There is an example that communicates with a GPIB instrument using LabVIEW. In LabVIEW go to the Help menu >> Examples.. >> I/O >> GPIB you will see a couple, try tweaking those examples. The developer zone has lots of examples too, ni.com >> NI Developer Zone > Development Library > Instrument Connectivity > GPIB. The GPIB support page is also a good resource. To find it go to ni.com >> Support >> GPIB (option 2) >> "Communicating with GPIB Instruments" (option 2) are good links.

Make sure you are using the correct driver version for your GPIB board. http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/versions.htm shows you the one you need. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.

-NI Support.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,656 Views)