Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ELVIS for Field effect transistor

Hello,

I just started using NI ELVIS II.  I am getting how to use it with measuring some basic elements by using its Launcher.

Is it possible to see characteristics of Field effect transistors (FET)?
I figured out measuring normal bipolar transistors by using 3-wire instruments in Launcher.  But I need voltage source settings on 3-wire instrument for FET.

If anybody know the way, please let me know as soon as possible.

MJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,433 Views)
Not sure why you would post here. Measure is an add-on product for Excel. I would recomend you post to the NI-ELVIS board.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,425 Views)

Unfortunately, the NI ELVIS Three-Wire Current-Voltage Analyzer SFP currently only supports NPN and PNP Bipolar Junction Transistors, not Field Effect Transistors.  You can find this information in the NI ELVISmx Help file:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/A824CCCC5C5B768B8625758D0054C466

Download and unzip the files, open the help document, and perform a search for 'transistor'.

Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,409 Views)

Thank you for the correction and infomation.

so there is no way to use FETs on ELVIS?, without using SFP?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,392 Views)
nope !
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,359 Views)

The FET is not currently supported on the ELVIS II board.  That does not mean it is impossible; it means that we have neither confirmed nor do we guarantee that it does.  All that is stated is that the three-wire current-voltage analyzer is a basic three-wire current versus voltage curve tracer for NPN and PNP BJT transistors.  You are welcome to try to set up the ELVIS with the FET, but there is not much help that we can officially offer since it is not a supported transistor type.

Best of luck!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(7,339 Views)

Thank you!

I hope the ELVIS III is going to support the type of transistor.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,325 Views)