From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Metrology from bmp

I need to load bmp images from a folder (as the folder is populated) and report a series of dimensions for each image into another folder.  The process for each image would use a feature edge for an x-reference and another for a y-reference, then make a series of measurements based on this origin.  I'm running LabVIEW 2011 with Vision.  I'd appreciate some pointers as I am new to running metrology with LabVIEW.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,583 Views)

Hi MetroMan,

The best place to get started with our vision software is to look through the examples. First you will need the Vision Development Module (VDM) in order to run any vision processing. Once you have VDM installed you should be able to run examples from LabVIEW by clicking Help>>Find Examples…>>Toolkits and Modules>>Vision>>Functions>>Edge Detection Examples. That example shows how to load in an image and run edge detections. You can look through that folder to see other vision examples that may better apply to your application.

NI Vision Development Module
http://www.ni.com/labview/vision/

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,573 Views)