Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode problem in C#

I am going to read a barcode that contains two barcodes from a scanner, one is the UPC barcode, the other is a barcode with quantity. My barcode scanner is a USB simulating a keyboard. The reader provides a return key after each of the two codes. When I scan to the Notepad,it presents UPC code, a return character, the quantity and another return character. I am a Visual studio 2010 user in C#,I am trying using textbox to accepts returns and set to multilines, but there is no quantity barcode shows up, What should i do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(11,372 Views)

Do you use the click event in C#.NET when you generating the barcode?
You need to check the scanning system. And I am just wondering, why not put the quantity into the UPC barcode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(11,368 Views)

Does it work if increase the height of the TextBox? Try making it higher and scanning once again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(11,362 Views)

Does it work if increase the height of the TextBox? Try making it higher and scanning once again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,360 Views)

UPC-A printing is not easy, especially for those who knows little about barcode. Print UPC with a C# barcode generator.http://www.onbarcode.com/csharp/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(11,358 Views)

wow.same name.  i have to say.UPC barcodes have fixed length with 12 digits. If I encode quantity in it, the length is extended. I try to increase the height of Textbox, but I don`t see any progress.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(11,354 Views)

I know a C#.NET barcode reader library that may be in help. BTW, to read UPC-A barcode or UPC-E barcode images correctly, there's some requirements. Besides, checksum, data, the barcode size is also need to be concerned. So, please firstly make sure all your barcode settings during generation are compatible with its latest barcode specifications, like ISO/IEC or GS1 standards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,883 Views)

to read barcode in c#, i think i can give you some advices because i do such a work almost daily . If you wanna save these complicated steps and find a easy way, you can google barcode scanner and you will find many useful tools, or google how to read barcode in c# to get instructive articles. Good luck:) I think some imaging sdk programmes can enable to quickly scan barcodes. i have use imaging sdkr which can original layouts hyperlinks, Images and tables retained in word ,text, image, Epub, html.but i forgot download the wedsite ,go to google. By the way , pay attention to your system platform, select the suitable one . I use a barcode scanner driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable option.Then you can scan barcodes in many formats in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open the sdk, select barcode, and choice a form you want, then you can scan barcode in c#, vb, sdp ,etc ,the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,687 Views)

@susannamoore53 wrote:

I know a C#.NET barcode reader library that may be in help. BTW, to read UPC-A barcode or UPC-E barcode images correctly, there's some requirements. Besides, checksum, data, the barcode size is also need to be concerned. So, please firstly make sure all your barcode settings during generation are compatible with its latest barcode specifications, like ISO/IEC or GS1 standards.

Where can I get the latest barcode specifications, like ISO/IEC or GS1 standards?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,568 Views)

I notice that your barcode reader is a USB simulating a keyboard. Here is a tutorial about how to scan data into applications with a USB Barcode Scanner.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,316 Views)