From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Device: -201401. Make sure device is connected?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been able to set-up my Measurement & Automation explorer to detect my device (NI cDAQ-9188), but I'm having trouble adding the device.  The error statement states:

Add device has failed.  The error report from the device driver is as follows:

Add device

Retrieving properties from the network device failed.  Make sure the device is connected.

How do I resolve this issue so that I can test my I/O modules?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,158 Views)

Please post in the appropriate board or ask the moderator to move this. This board is for an obsolete program called Measure - an add-n for Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(9,142 Views)

Hi wmm26,

One of the possible causes is not having the correct DAQmx driver installed on your system. What version of DAQmx are your currently using (the most recent and the one you probably want is DAQmx 9.8). Also what operating system are you using?

Thank you!

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(9,140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wmm26

DAQmx version: 9.7.5

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Initially:

In the Network Adapters tab it reads:

- No network adapters found

In the firmware tab it reads:

-  firmware version: 1.1.0f0

Based on the status of the network setting tab, I assumed my problem was related to the network connection.  I reset my network adapters and this seemed to resolve my issue.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(9,126 Views)

Sorry about this.  I will contact the moderator asap

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(9,124 Views)