Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Guppy F503B camera can not be detected?

Hello,

I have a Guppy F503B firewire camera and connecetd to NI PCIe-8252 firewire frame grabber in my PC, but when click add new hardware in control panel, it shows generic 1394 desktop camera in the hardware list and it shows this device cannot start (code 10) as shows in generic 1394 desktop camera can not start.jpg. in NI MAX,   when click generic 1394 desktop camera under NI-IMAQdx devices, it shows errors as camera detection err in MAX.jpg, Pls advice the problem is due to device driver not installed properly or anything else? if 1394 device driver need installed, where can I find it? Labview 8.6 installed in the PC, IMAQdx 3.2, IMAQ4.1 IMAQ IO 2.2, DAQmx 8.7 installed. OS of the PC is XP SP2. appreciate if you can help.

I also have MAX database error as shows in MAX database err.jpg when I click devices and interface button in MAX, does this related to my camera detection problem as well?

Thanks!  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,609 Views)

I have solved the problem, in NI MAX, I right click the camera under devices and interfaces, select driver to NI IMAQdx IIDC digital camera and click OK to update driver, then everything is OK, camera can be displayed in MAX properly. then check in control panel device manager, generic 1394 desktop camera changed to NI IMAQdx IIDC digital camera.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,608 Views)

Hello, suanleba and others

I have Guppy Pro F503B too. Like what you said, after selecting driver to NI IMAQdx IIDC digital camera, MAX can find the camera and everything is OK.

I now have problem to set the expsoure time in VI.  see the attached.  It seems that change of the EXP does not do anything.

I don't know what the correct way is to select the exposure attribute.  any suggestion is more than welcome.

cheers

xg 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,502 Views)