cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision assistant problem

Solved!
Go to solution

@ChristopheC wrote:

We recently found a bug in the code generated by Vision Assistant related to the pattern matching step.

If you tell me which version of LabVIEW you are using, I can send you a fix.

What is the bug. Can you give some details?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,751 Views)

Hi,

Essentially the bug appears to be that once i use the co-ordinates function in the vision assistant express vi any pattern match i use that require the co-ordinates function as a reference appears not to work. Any match pattern i use before the co-ordinate function i will always find. This bug appears in 7 of my inspections out of 84. Even though the other 77 inspections follow a similar script.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,747 Views)

I dont often use co-ordinate system. Is this the bug ChristopheC is refering to?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,741 Views)

Hi,

Yes the same ug i have replaced the library set and has solved the problem thankfully. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,737 Views)

@Damien129 wrote:

Hi,

Yes the same ug i have replaced the library set and has solved the problem thankfully. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Damien

Thanks for sharing

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,735 Views)

I understand this is 3 years since the response but I found this thread and wanted to see if you could help. I am using Labview 2014 with VDM 2014 in an evaluation mode. I can run the script within Vision Assistant and specifically using the shape detect function, it can draw an overlay and indicate the shapes found in the images.

However, I run into issues when I try to run the Vision Assistant within my Labview vi. The output image does not have any of the overlays or shapes detected. I attempted another function instead like max clamp and that had no problems being shown on the final image in my vi. Is there a similar replacement lib file for vision 2014 that would solve this problem. Can I try the one from 2013 that you posted?

Thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated. I can not attach a screenshot at this point but I can tomorrow if necessary. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,129 Views)

Hi,

Some functions like the Max clamp have overlay capabilities integrated in the function. Some other functions, like pattern matching for example, do not have overlay capabilities integrated in the API.

When we generate the code, we try as much as possible to use the corresponding Vision Development Module VI, without adding extra code, but we add overlay withing the Vision Assistant software to visually show you the results. This explains the difference in behavior between what you see in Vision Assistant and the code generated.

You will have to write the overlay code yourself, based on the results of the function your are using.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,126 Views)